Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Martin set to transfer, I guess I just don't get it...


I just read that Scott Martin, one of Purdue's stellar Freshman will be transferring. I'd assume he's heading back home to Valpo...I actually hope that's where he's going. Regardless, I don't get it.

We all were 19 once, a few of the guys who contribute to this site (gasp) came from Ohio or New Jersey and enjoyed their time away from their home state. They left friends and family back home, but toughed out any feelings of homesickness and soldiered through...they even came back the next year.

It was rumored back in January that Martin was missing home and didn't quite feel like things were working out the way he wanted them to in West Lafayette...That happens, but, I'd hope someone in his family would lend him counsel and say, "Scott, you're playing with one of the guys that you've been friends with for your entire life...and that team, they're good and are getting better...Plus, you have a role there."

But, I'm sure he's got his reasons...I heard his girlfriend is back home, maybe she isn't. Maybe he just never felt at home at Purdue- that happens...That said, he'll be missed, but this team will be good, with or without him. I'm pretty sure he's going to be a very good player as he matures...and I hear he's already a great student. It made sense when Spates, Minnoy, Uchendu and Vanderverien left...But this one kind of feels like Lutz' departure.

Good luck, Scott- I hope this is the best move for your life...But I just don't get this one.

38 comments:

  1. I came to Purdue from a small South Pacific island about 7000 miles from West Lafayette. There were 26 in my graduating class. There were 50 on my floor in Harrison Hall. I survived :) I probably shouldn't over generalize, but I will anyway. It does seem like kids today are quicker to cut and run when life doesn't work out the way they planned. Not just n college sports, in jobs, just about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be serious if he's bailing on Hummel. Valpo's an hour away. The team has nothing but upside at this point. School hasn't been a problem for him.

    Maybe he's just tired of being dissed by Erin Andrews, what with all of those nationally televised games Purdue's been playing lately.

    This sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I just come home from the worst vacation in the history of the world to this? WTF!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out the picture The Star chose to use for this story. That's pretty blatant if you ask me.

    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080410/SPORTS0602/804100416/1247/SPORTS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would've liked to see him tough it out. College isn't supposed to be easy, that's how you grow as a person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can someone post a screenshot of that Indy Star page over on Knucklehead Central? I can't access KC while at work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's my screenshot:

    http://purdue.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2589&mid=113227910&sid=892&tid=113217993&style=1

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just ridiculous. Valpo is 90 miles away, right up I-65. How effing ridiculous. How can someone be such a mama's boy that they're "homesick" from 90 miles away. That's still near home!

    Whatever, I guess. If you don't want to be a part of a program on the rise... and if your lame-ass need to be a townie overwhelms being a part of what this team has the potential to be... well, then so be it. It'll be something he regrets, unless he ends up on a Valpo team that makes a Davidson-like run in the next few years.

    I'll miss his tough defense... and the quiet 8.5 ppg didn't hurt, either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not that this seems like a possibility, but let's just hope Hummel doesn't think about it, too. I know that seems far-fetched, but this kind of does, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anyone else think its wierd that just two weeks ago Scott was talking at length about what Purdue needed to do to get better?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just weird... I mean I loved the competitive spirit he showed in the 2nd half against Clemson, IU, and finally OSU. He will be missed hugely.

    I hope this isnt true, but maybe he just has to get away from Hummel. I mean there comes a time when you want to be your own person. However, it didn't ever seem like they minded the fact that they always got to play together.

    These transfers are starting to piss me off, though.

    I know we're on the rise, but think of the depth we would have had this year if kids like Lutz wouldn't have left.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one hurts. All the other transfers sort of made sense. the team wasn't very good, they weren't playing, etc. I don't get this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Any recruits gonna take his playing time away? That could be a factor.


    Can't wait until his girlfriend dumps him. How many times did you see college freshmen wasting time with their hometown girlfriends? Hello?! You're on a campus with 15,000 women. At least 1000 of which are decent looking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. E, here's an equation:

    38,000 people on campus
    19,000 women
    only about half are decent looking-
    9,500
    One in ten are gay
    8,550
    60% are dating someone
    3,420 remaining


    All of a sudden, it's much more difficult for Mr. Martin...Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. New IU coach... Martin transfers...Two of Sampson's IU recruits reneg..... I think this story will be very interesting to follow in the upcoming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Martin is a poon swiggler. He should go home and continue to breast feed. He was a good player, but not great. Painter did everything he could to accomidate him, and try to make him happy.

    Sports Illustrated has Purdue #4 going into the season.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 簡単ダイエット 方法 簡単ダイエット 太もも 日吉 賃貸 日吉の賃貸 産後 ダイエット  産後のダイエット 平塚 不動産 二宮 不動産 大磯 不動産 相模原 不動産 町田 不動産 相模原 不動産屋 不動産 相模原 不動産 町田 不動産 査定 不動産 無料査定 不動産売却 査定 バースデープレゼント,人気プレゼント 誕生日プレゼント ダイエット サプリ ダイエット方法 横浜 不動産 横浜市 不動産 横浜 不動産屋 デザイナーズ住宅 デザイナーズハウス  金沢区 不動産 保土ヶ谷区 不動産 旭区 不動産 電子タバコ 育毛剤 とりよせ スイーツ ジーザスボディ おとりよせ スイーツ ブランド ネクタイ簡単ダイエット 方法 簡単ダイエット 太もも 日吉 賃貸 日吉の賃貸 産後 ダイエット  産後のダイエット 平塚 不動産 二宮 不動産 大磯 不動産 相模原 不動産 町田 不動産 相模原 不動産屋 不動産 相模原 不動産 町田 不動産 査定 不動産 無料査定 不動産売却 査定 バースデープレゼント,人気プレゼント 誕生日プレゼント ダイエット サプリ ダイエット方法 横浜 不動産 横浜市 不動産 横浜 不動産屋 デザイナーズ住宅 デザイナーズハウス  金沢区 不動産 保土ヶ谷区 不動産 旭区 不動産 電子タバコ 育毛剤 とりよせ スイーツ ジーザスボディ おとりよせ スイーツ ブランド ネクタイ

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome to 五島列島
    Welcome to 水産加工
    Come to 牡蠣
    Come to きびなご

    ReplyDelete
  19. There's a place in your heart and I know that it is love
    ざんま宅販
    And this place could be much brighter than tomorrow
    And if you really try, you'll find there's no need to cry
    泉中央宅配センター
    In this place, you'll feel there's no hurt or sorrow
    宮城県 明治乳業
    There are ways to get there, if you care enough for the living,
    make a little space, make a better place

    ReplyDelete