Sunday, January 21, 2007

Colts 38 Patriots 34

Ding Dong, the witch is dead!





I know, I know, the Colts haven't won a Super Bowl yet, but all of the whispers that have followed Peyton Manning & Tony Dungy alike have been silenced. They really needed to play the Patriots to stop people (like me) from doubting that they were even capable of winning the "big game" let alone beating teams from the Boston area during the month of January.

Here's the thing- I find Manning, Dungy, Wayne, Addai, Irsay and many others in the Colts organization likable. It's nice, for me at least, to see "the good guy" win. Conversely, I find Belicheck unlikable...even moreso, I find Mark Hurley and Chris Bois & most other chowdah heads detestable...So it couldn't have happened to a better group of guys.


For those of you who didn't catch this- the Colts had Jim Harbaugh out at midfield for the coin toss...Right away, I was pretty angry. Real great, I thought, Harbaugh, the patron saint of the almost-win in the AFC championship is representing the Colts. That mentality reminds me of another team that I root passionately for. Unlike the Boilers, I don't think the Colts will have the Lombardi trophy on their helmet going through the horseshoe. (ref. the Rose through the "P" during Purdue's Rose Bowl appearance of 2001).

In fact, the whole game reminded me of a Purdue bowl game...with the exception of the fact that the team that I was rooting for actually won the contest.

In other news, another "good guy", Drew Brees was battered, beaten and made to look pretty lousy by the over-rated Bears defense. I really believe that the Saints offensive line played as poorly as any offensive line at that level that I have seen in a while; let alone a Championship-caliber team...Much of the credit should go to the Bears defense, but come on now. I'm pretty excited for Brees & company's future. Oh yeah, and Bush is pretty OK, if you're into that sort of thing.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is that a picture of? Justin? Or did Chris Bois grow out his hair?

J Money said...

A couple of thoughts...

1) I'm drafting Jeff Saturday and Dan Klecko for my Fantasy Football team next year. Those guys are scoring machines! Big, fat scoring machines!

2) Seeing Brady throw a pick to end the Pats season just looked weird.

3) What the H is up with Reche Caldwell's freaky-ass eyes? Why does he always look like he just witnessed a murder?

4) Speaking of Caldwell, if he could hold onto the ball, this would be a different story.

5) Good for Peyton. I know a lot of people don't like him but he's a pretty good guy and he's not as insufferable as people make him out to be. He and Dungy together are some of the easiest-to-root-for guys in the NFL.

6) As for the Saints-Bears, I think the Saints win that game if it's in New Orleans. The Bears are not that good and the weather and seemingly poor preparation hurt the Saints. They just had an off-day and I think if they played 10 times on a neutral field, the Saints would win more. Oh well.. home field is important and the Bears proved it.

7) Did anyone else catch Peyton repeatedly referring to the Pats as a class organization? I loved it because I think it might have been his way of ending the BD LaDanian Tomlinson started last week by saying they had no class. Funny.

Good times. And now, an I-65 Super Bowl.

boilerdowd said...

Good thought, J...what's a BD?

boilerdowd said...

Paul- Rumor has it that Bois is down in the 180 lb. range...but he still has that greenish complexion you see in the picture.

J Money said...

I think I meant BS, wiseguy.

boilerdowd said...

I don't know; you're always on top of the hip lingo...I just want to make sure I'm not falling behind.

Dude, this thread is BD!

J Money said...

Yo, fling me some BD.

Anonymous said...

New Englanders rule... Hoosiers drool... Things good about Indianapolis... fat chicks, 1 Hardees for every major intersection, annual Beach Boy Concert, and ugly fat chicks.... Things good about Boston... Sam Adams Boston Lager, Cape Cod, the Red Sox, Chris Bois's amazing new abs, Harvard, and Dice K Matsuzaka...

Gage said...

The Rose on the helmet was the ultimate "just happy to be here" moment of my life. Of course the truth is, we were.

boilerdowd said...

Hey WFW; As you know, I lived in Chowdahland for 2.5 years. The women aren't anything to write home about in that region either. Some of the whitest, homliest women I have ever seen call the Boston area home..that's saying a lot since I grew up in the Midwest. Why am I telling you; you know both regions well.

But, there are not nearly enough Hardees establishments here in my home state, in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店