Monday, February 26, 2007

Boilers Reach 18-10 and Confuse Announcers

Despite Northwestern's comeback, largely fueled by stinky, white-man armpits, Purdue held on for another road win on Saturday to move to 18-10 on the season and doubling their win total from last season.

Towards the end of the game, Tarrance Crump went to the line. My parents were both at my house because we were doing some renovations and my mother suddenly says, "Why is he shooting a third free throw?"

I hadn't seen the play so I distractedly responded, "Maybe he was shooting a three."

"No, he wasn't shooting," mom replied.

"Maybe there was a lane violation," I immediately deduced.

This seemingly natural train of thought by an average college basketball fan like me shouldn't seem like much. But, apparently, it qualifies me to be a broadcaster for the ESPN Plus regional team. Take a look at this analysis from the broadcasting team of this game -- high comedy. Apparently, play-by-play man Wayne Larrivee just started making up rules.

Purdue now closes with home games against Minnesota and Northwestern, giving them a very legitimate chance to close the regular season with twenty wins heading into the Big Ten Tournament.

7 comments:

Purdue Matt said...

Any video or audio of this anywhere? I was watching the game on mute at the time and didn't get to hear it.

Anonymous said...

Even ending 9-7 in the conference, I think they need to make a lot of noise in the Big 10 tourny to make it into the NCAA tourny. The conference is just too crowded in the middle for Purdue to stand out. I'm still sticking with my late December prediction of a high NIT seeding. Any post-season experience for this team is a positive and I think Painter will take advantage of whatever is given them.

Ross McLochness said...

Hold on. You're telling me there's seeding in the NIT? I thought seeds were eschewed for home-court advantage.

Anonymous said...

You know, now that I think about it, I'm not sure. It has been so long since I even cared about the NIT...

boilerdowd said...

Ha- you cared about the NIT.

J Money said...

Last I checked, they seed the NIT but the high seed gets home-court advantage.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店