Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ahead of Schedule

Many Purdue Alums & media pundits alike thought it would take 3-4 years for Painter to get Purdue back to the tournament. Coach Painter has exceeded many expectations, with the help of his two Seniors, and gotten our Boilermakers back to the NCAA tournament in his second year at the helm.
Big Stage, Big Hair
In my opinion, Purdue's success in the NCAA tournament clearly lies in or on David Teague's fro. If he plays like he did on Senior night v. Northwestern, the Boilers may get past the second round by upsetting the over-rated Florida. But, if we don't see the fro, expect no more than one win for the Cornfield Sailors.

In order for Purdue to avoid being one & done
Lutz must contribute, both offensively (double-digit points) and defensively, Landry must stay out of foul trouble, Kramer must have more steals than turnovers and Teague must not disappear (as he did v. tOSU in the second half).

I don't mean to toot my own horn...well maybe I do
In November, during a discussion with Lang & J on this very board, I predicted a 20-win season and a trip to the NCAA tournament. Since I'm hardly ever correct when I prognosticate, I'll take credit for this rarity. Well lightning has struck twice in the same place, as last week, in preparation for a Deadspin Purdue capsule, I predicted Purdue would get a 9 seed in the NCAA tourney after beating Iowa in the BT tournament. Since there is no precedent for this type of sports prediction from me, I'll will now go back to acting like a mere mortal and predicting everything incorrectly (ala Joe Lunardi of ESPN).

Gut Feeling
Purdue's Seniors will be too much for the Mildcats to handle down the stretch as Purdue beats higher-seeded Arizona in the first round. In round two, Joakim Noah's girl hair will force Purdue into violent fits of laughter...that and Florida's depth will be too much for our Boilers to overcome as they bow out to the overall #1-seeded Gators. Florida will not repeat as national champs this year...but Noah will have a lot of success in the WNBA next year.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I cannot wait to prepare our boys for the honor and priviledge of playing in the NIT... granted this was my first at the helm at IU and we stole i mean got some really good recruits coming in next yea... what... we what... no shit... we did... ok I guess we are going to play Arizona in the other tourney... well I cannot wait to prepare our boys for the honor and priveledge of playing in the NCAA

boilerdowd said...

Coach Sampson...thanks for stopping by. We're looking forward to watching your boys check out in the first two rounds. Note: This is not the Gonzaga of the 90's.

Gage said...

Oddly, it seems like a whole slew of people are picking Arizona as one of their dark horse teams. Should be a good game.

Anonymous said...

Oh I guess we are actually playing Gonzaga in the NCAA Tourney, better make some changes to our get across half court one pass then shoot and miss a long jumper offense... Boy it is lovely here in Bloomington during the Spring time, the co eds I mean trees are boosoming, I mean blossoming

Anonymous said...

Now we know why Sampson left OK for IU...

So the weak Big 11 got how many teams in? Is it 6? I was thinking only 5 would make it in. I am glad I was wrong about Purdue going to the NIT.

boilerdowd said...

Purdue was the fifth BT team in...they weren't on the bubble once they beat Minny & NW.

Paul, you weren't the only one who thought the BT would only get 5 in...about every sports media outlet that I read thought the same.

Anonymous said...

get "passed" the second round? did you get "passed" the second grade?

J Money said...

Gobby -- Nice catch, jackass. You're right, of all the things we spout here, it's worth making fun of a simple typo.

I love twits like this clown who gets his rocks off anonymously making fun of other people on the Internet. Nice life. Also, I don't recall us inviting you in, jerkwad.

All comments welcome, even ones criticizing our opinions... but we have no need for a mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging putz like Gobby.

Good day to you sir.

boilerdowd said...

Gobby- thanx for stopping bye. Since I do this for a living and I was an English major, your comment really hits home. To tell you da troof, I dunno if I'll bee able to go on knowing that sumone out their didn't get the poynt of my artical because of my pour grammer.

I'm just surprized one of our many editors di-int catch that egregious error. Evrything we due here at Boyled Sports is four you, frend.

Stop bi again soon; I'll wurk to due bettr.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店