Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Do You Think Manny Even Knew The Score?

Manny Ramirez hit another postseason home run last night, but apparently Manny now thinks it's okay to strut and pose and just act like a generally obnoxious douchebag.

He did it twice against the Angels, with one of them being a walk-off, game-ender. One that one, he stood at home plate so long, that when he finally began down the first base line, he was high-fiving teammates from his own dugout who'd made their way to the plate. Think about that for a moment. Usually you don't celebrate with your teammates until you meet them at the plate upon rounding the bases. And I remember being so irritated at that and even a Sox fan friend of mine replied to a text message about it with "He did admire that one a bit, didn't he?"

Well, last night, as the Sawx were getting curb-stomped by the Indians, Boston put together back-to-back-to-back home runs in the sixth inning. And Manny was the third of those three and he did his infuriating posturing act again... while it was 7-3. Then he did a slow-ass trot around the bases and leaped into David Ortiz's arms like they'd just won the pennant.

Manny deserves a baseball into the side of his helmet. Plain and simple. He's now done this every time he's hit a home run in the postseason and maybe he just thinks it's funny but it's obnoxious and classless and you're supposed to act like you've been there before. If it was the regular season and postseason games were not at stake, I definitely think someone would drill him the next time he got up there.

Yes, I hate Boston, but even if you don't, you have to admit Manny is being ridiculous.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on now, what's wrong with Manny doing some jazz hands? It is like Miles Davis singing the IU fight song...

boilerdowd said...

He reminds me of that Yankee who does that in the ALCS...oh wait I can only remember back three season right now.

(no he di-int)

It's stupid when anybody does it...but do you honestly expect more from Ramirez? He's a moron.

J Money said...

And I knew there'd be a Yankee dig my way about this post but you can't say ANYbody on the Yankees acts like this. Mock 'em all you want, they never show up opponents or act like this when they're losing.

Yep, he's an idiot. I guess that was my point.

Anonymous said...

Well, he's a hall of famer and makes tons of money. We sit here and whine about athletes. I'd probably celebrate a little if I was the third of three straight homers. It was also the first time that has ever been done in LCS history. It's stupid that he was still down 4 runs, but is it really worth a post on a blog?? I think you're just jealous Boston is still playing.

J Money said...

Actually, e, Manny's inane theatrics have been "worth" a lot of coverage lately. Check out Sportscenter, Baseball Tonight, or any AP story about the game.

Nevertheless, you're probably right -- I'm sure Manny was thinking:

"My goodness. I have just been part of the first backtobacktoback home run trifecta in the illustrious history of Major League Baseball's League Championship Series. Bully for me! I think I shall raise my arms in triumph before I round the bases. Surely I am entitled to act like a douchebag thanks to my historical home run that, in hindsight, will mean nothing."

Anonymous said...

Hey -- he was just as apt to admire his handiwork during his many years playing in Cleveland. Indians fans should be well experienced in the ways of Manny being Manny.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店