Monday, December 17, 2007

Saban to WVU???


I just read this and although it's believable because Saban has exhibited Petrino-esque traits, I can't believe he'd jump ship already...Can I? The really cool thing about this rumor is that there's no buy-out, so he's a much easier "get". But, he's an expensive "get" even sans a buyout. I believe he's still the highest-paid college coach at nearly $5 mil/yr.

Regardless, he's Joe Tiller's bitch (Tiller is undefeated v. Saban, 1997 was my favorite Saban loss to Joe).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny rumor - but I'm not buying it. I would laugh myself to death if it happened.

Anonymous said...

Has Bobby Petrino actually signed his contact? He's been in the Big East before. . .
By the way, the 1999 game against MSU was better. Not much, but better.

boilerdowd said...

Wasn't that the shellacking when MSU was 4th in the nation? I think Mike Hawthorne whooped up Plex Burress that day. It was a good one...but it was no 1997, sir!

J Money said...

I liked '99, too, because they game in like 5-0 and highly ranked, yes... not sure it was 4th, but nevertheless, we stomped them and it was glorious.

Anonymous said...

I was there in '99 and it was a lot of fun. The "Overrated" chants started very early that day...

Ah, such nostalgia for the days when we overachieved.