Wednesday, March 18, 2009

For Pete's Sake, Be Decisive About This

I find it amusing that the President's NCAA picks bracket features lots of cross outs and mind-changing, along with random question marks throughout his bracket.

He had Pitt advancing to the title game over UNC -- but then changed it to UNC. And he had Louisville winning it all -- until he switched that to UNC, too. Apparently, Michael Jordan texted him "WTF" on his blackberry or something.

He had UCLA over VCU, but then scratched out UCLA and wrote "VCU?" I don't know, el Presidente, that's what you need to decide. Same for his pick of Temple over Az State. It reads: "Temple?" Maybe he's saying he's never heard of Temple.

He made similar question mark entries over his pick of Louisville over Michigan State in the Elite Eight as well as Memphis over UConn in another E8 game.

I think my favorite, though, is in the lower right corner, in the South region. He picks Clemson, then scratches it out... and then picks Clemson again.

There's even a big "?" over the national champs spot. Is he saying, "Hey, this is all guesswork, people"? Maybe so. I'm glad he told me.

Of course, in the end, I have the same Final Four.

3 comments:

acacia1602 said...

His mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.

Other than Purdue in the final 4, my bracket took a few minutes to do too.

If yours just flew out onto the page you either puked out your picks, or you must be one of those guys who goes with his gut. Shoots from the hip, no need for "facts" or "science" or whatnot. You know, a decider.

Those guys time in the oval office - it's come and gone. Good riddance.

Hooba said...

I'm signed up for your brackets! GO BOILERS!

Boilergal said...

Coach K seems to think he should focus more on the economy, I tend to agree.