Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Boiled Sports Party Bus?

Behold an awesome link to a Craigslist posting selling the pictured Boilermaker party bus.

If you've got $10,000 and are willing to be a donor to Boiled Sports, we'll put your name on the side of the bus and put your info all over our Web site to promote you or your business. Seriously, we would.

Seeing things like this makes me (and likely, my co-editors) think about the parallel universe where we're all bachelors. Understand, this is not to say we'd change our lives -- we love our wives/families -- but for those married guys out there, you know what I'm talking about. Every now and then, maybe when you get a bonus or, say, a 1961 greyhound bus becomes available, you think to yourself, "Self, I wonder if I would just buy this thing if I didn't have the missus looking over the bills...."

That's one of the reasons why we got married, of course, because wives often keep us from being stupid.

Still, that thing is the nuts. From the description:

Yes it even has a POLE. Bose speakers, flat screen stereo, Bathroom, Fridge etc.

There really is nothing like a "flat-screen stereo."

These are the times (even more than usual) where I wish I was independently wealthy. Because this thing would be chugging its way to whatever bowl games the football team makes as well as many road games during the season. I could also see it parked in Indianapolis at the Final Four next year, while all our favorite loyal BS readers come to a velvet rope party inside.

Of course, we'd need a chick to dance around the pole. And I know we have a few female readers.....

(Hat tip to reader Jason who alerted us to this beauty.)

14 comments:

Purdue Matt said...

That's the bus we rented for my buddy's bachelor party. It was awesome being driven from the Northside to Broad Ripple in that thing.

T-Mill said...

Mrs. T-Mill loves football and we have some available funds. Too bad we're saving it for a house. Maybe we could just live in the bus.

Then there is my mother. Even though she is a big Purdue, she'd be like, "You spent you grandmother's inheritance on WHAT?"

Plang said...

J Money, if I were independently wealthy, I would not buy that bus. I would buy Maddon's bus, or take a private jet to the bowl game and stay in a luxury hotel. I love my Boilers, but wealth has certain advantages other than buses...

J Money said...

Okay, fair enough. I meant wealthy in the sense that I could drop $10K on something silly like this. Maddencruiser is a couple hundred grand. Big difference.

Though I'm sure $10K is pocket change to a high roller like you. :-)

J Money said...

Plus, it's perfect for Boiled Sports.... slovenly, smelly, probably stained, worn out, old.... perfect.

Plang said...

Fair enough. If you think about it, 10K for a bus is a steal!

J Money said...

For a bus approaching 50 years old? Debatable. The stripper pole an flat screen stereo, push the value up.

T-Mill said...

If me, J Money, Boilerdowd, and Tim all go in it is only $2500 apiece...

Tim said...

Count me in. It's way cheaper than the Cavs season tickets I was just looking at, so I'm sure the wife couldn't possibly say no.

MPfohl said...

Dude, that's my Uncle V's old bus. It's called the "Boiler Belle". I remember many tailgates there in my high school days. He and his buddy "upgraded" to an RV right before my freshman year. I'll tell you what, that thing is dope. In addition to flat screen stereos, let me tell you what else is on that puppy: a button on the dash that automatically blasts "Hail Purdue" from exterior speakers, a doorbell outside the bathroom shaped like a boob, and tons of seating. You can go to Boilerbelle.com to check out some of the good times my family and I used to have there. If you can collect enough funds, BUY IT!!! Your wives will thank you because they will share in your good times/partying/debauchery.

boileraae said...

If I had 10k+ to blow, I'd buy it right out from under you guys! I'd be nice enough to put your web address on the side of it though...

Plang said...

Now if you are talking about pooling money, then I'm interested. My only question - would it make it over mountain passes???

J Money said...

I think we're on to something.... if a dozen of us go in, it's only $833 apiece? Not sure whose driveway we could keep it in, though.

Mpfohl, thanks for the info. Outstanding.

Daniel Altman said...

I'll chip in the amount of my subscription fees to both boiledsports.com and hammerandrails.com. That's got to count for something right?