Monday, August 10, 2009

Hello, old friend.

Many of you have kept up with the near-mythological status of ex-Purdue basketball player, "Mat" on basketbawlful.com's segment "Livin' Large". But, MTD is not only alive in the folklore of the interwebnets, but also is one bad dude when it comes to the not-so-sweet science...or at least he's a novelty that sells tickets. Check it out for yourself:



Sure, he's changed is name, by using his full-name...but he's still the same guy that many of us got to know and love on campus around 12 years ago...but now, his extremely-large bike has been replaced with all-black fighting shoes as his preferred-form of transportation.

While I don't remember him as much of a fighter, the footwork takes me back to his exploits on Mackey's hardwood.

(thanks to my pal Kaz, for the heads up on this!)

7 comments:

T-Mill said...

Beat you by a few days on this, but John from Crimson Quarry beat us both. I love that Matt McHale is also a Kokomoan (Kokomite?)

Anonymous said...

I'd pay $200 for a ticket to watch Mathieu ten Dam kick the living shit out of Damon Bailey or Jamal Meeks - if either one could get down to MTD's weight class!

Daniel Altman said...

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for this.

Although, I've got to say, I would have enjoyed it much more if Timmy Ervin were his corner man.

boilerdowd said...

Travis, I didn't see this until this evening via e-mail but had heard about it. I really wanted to put it up; I think it's pretty fantastic, maybe even the third time!!

The thing that's crazy is that the guy he's fighting is also massive, but MTD's arms are so darned long, the guy has no chance...they both might need a touch of work on their technique.

Tim Ervin definitely would have made this the best video ever.

dozer8589 said...

I'm not a big follower of MMA.

Are all the fights underwater?

Did anyone explain to Schuurman that he is allowed to step out of the way of those haymakers MTD was throwing?

Scotty Leisure said...

Looks like his boxing skills are as good as his basketball skills.

chris said...

Reminds me of what Mongo did to the horse.