Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Official BS Blogpoll Week 2 Ballot

So I listened to what you nerdlets had to say, and am submitted the below ballot as our official ballot for this week.

RankTeamDelta
1 Florida
2 Southern Cal
3 Texas
4 Oklahoma State 2
5 LSU
6 Penn State 1
7 Alabama 2
8 California 5
9 Mississippi 5
10 Boise State 6
11 Virginia Tech
12 Ohio State 4
13 Utah 3
14 Oklahoma 10
15 Michigan State 4
16 Georgia Tech 2
17 TCU
18 Brigham Young
19 Nebraska 2
20 Cincinnati
21 Georgia 9
22 Texas Tech
23 Kansas
24 Tennessee 1
25 Missouri
Last week's ballot

Dropped Out: Oregon (#15), Illinois (#20), Rutgers (#24).

Better, you daffodils? BYU gets more love, even though you guys are all way too in love with their one, neutral site win. Sure, they're good. Are they top ten? Not yet. Then again, you also all feel Boise should be top ten and, if they are, they'll be there all season since they really shouldn't be challenged again.

Utah also drops because you all think they didn't deserve a nice ranking. You're as bad as the people who screwed them last year.

And there was a comment about Michigan State being too high. I disagree. I've been high on them for a while. I think they're a good team and since this early is mostly based on what voters think, they get to stay at #15. This will all get a bit clearer as the weeks go by.

Also, at what point will I vote in Purdue? I'll tell you this... if -- if -- they pull off a win in Eugene, they get #25. I don't care if that is a homer move.

And, much to my enjoyment, the reminder that Cincinnati deserves some poll-love pushes the golden domers back out of the poll. Almost, Notre Dame! Maybe next week. Don't steal my hot dog, Charlie.

5 comments:

Purdue Matt said...

BYU is top 15 material in my opinion. I think they can beat FSU and run the table, but I think they might lose one game somewhere.

J Money said...

You heard it here first, people! BYU may win all their games... and they also may not! Write it down!

Ha!

ATL_Boilers said...

I guess I missed yesterday's poll to discuss this:

I think just on the basis of 1 week of football being played, BYU should at least be ahead of the team they beat, at a neutral site. If they lose down the road or when they start playing weaker competition (and OU keeps winning) then the poll can adjust itself but after 1 week of football BYU IS better than OU (and the ranking should reflect that, right?).

And did anyone watch the Ole Miss game? I don't really believe that they deserve to move up that many spots but they are a good team.

(Though the argument that the final score doesn't reflect the game kind of contradicts my BYU argument, doesn't it?)

J Money said...

BYU won by a point, neutral site, over a team that lost their QB. I know everyone's in love with BYU right now, but that's not exactly domination.

And yes, I watched some of Ole Miss and I thought they looked very good. I also give them points for playing their first game on the road.

ATL_Boilers said...

That explanation works just fine for me (plus, you're the one with the vote).