Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The Rivalry, Esq., Looks At The Boilermakers

The Rivalry, Esq. has their Purdue preview up. Parts of it are reasonable. No, Purdue is not going to be very good. But anytime we wonder why bloggers are mocked by others in the media, this kind of dreck is why:

I hate Purdue because people act as if Joe Tiller was the first Big Ten coach to ever have his team throw a forward pass...I hate that "Boiler Up!" chant that their crowd yells after every play...I hate that their colors are a bit too similar to Iowa's...I hate that you absolutely can't win in the Big House. When was the last time? 1966? Seriously?...I hate that I still don't know what the word Purdue means...I hate that in 2002 on a late 4th and 1, you let Ohio State throw long to Michael Jenkins for the game winning touchdown. That kept Ohio State undefeated and Iowa out of the Rose Bowl...I hate Purdue.

Let's take a look at this semi-retarded rant.

First, Joe Tiller actually did change how the game was played in the Big Ten. This was established long ago.

Our colors are "too similar" to Iowa's? Seriously? The black and old gold actually looks nothing like Iowa's... what is that? Corn and turd?

We can't win in the Big House. Point taken. When was Iowa's last Rose Bowl again?

You don't know "what the word Purdue means"? Um, this is hard to figure out, I'm sure. Unreal.

And, about 2002. Yes, Iowa was very good that year. And only squeaked by Purdue by 3. And actually lost to Iowa State -- Iowa State! -- in a loss that ruined an otherwise perfect regular season. And the infernal "Holy Buckeye" play is what kept Iowa out of the Rose Bowl? You might be a bit mistaken, given that OSU didn't go to the Rose Bowl, either. They went to the Fiesta and won the national championship. The Rose Bowl chose Oklahoma and Washington State. But hey, it was probably Purdue's fault.

Idiots bother me.

5 comments:

boilerdowd said...

I hate that Purdue can't win at AA too...and I hate that aOSU won due to one mental lapse by a CB. I also don't like "Boiler Up!" The color thing is dumb- Purdue started playing football two years before Iowa.

How about this- I hate the fact that Iowa copied their uniforms off of the Steelers...and has kept them long after Frye left. Go Steelers!

Purdue Matt said...

That was a very lazy and ignorant rant. Very unimpressive.

J Money said...

Matt -- Mine or theirs?

Martin said...

Purdue... that's, what? An obscure compass rose direction? Sort of like "Northwestern" but used mainly by pilots I think.

I'm sure of it. My grandpa was in the Air Force.

Purdue Matt said...

Theirs!