Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Purdue Basketball Promos

Continuing today's basketball-heavy day....you may recall the well-done football promo videos done by Haan Marketing and Communications back in the summer. They're at it again with Purdue basketball.



And here's the splash page they did (and you may have seen already) for the official Purdue Sports website:



I'll be honest -- I was more stoked by the football campaign, which is really saying something, given how ready we all are for a promising basketball campaign. That said, I still think these are pretty cool.

10 comments:

Aitchdotjones said...

The E'Twaun Moore commercial (One Giant Leap) is pretty B.A. if I may say so myself

Boilergal said...

Kramer looks like he wants me!!

Tim said...

Who put all those girls in there? What the crap! I thought that was supposed to be about basketball.

J Money said...

Tim -- They actually sent us a promo for something called "women's basketball," too but I wasn't sure what it was, so I didn't post it.

J Money said...

B-gal -- That's because he does. He told us.

Boiler_Ditsor said...

Those are just OK. What do you guys know about the Wooden Tradition fiasco. Supposedly it was supposed to set up in May, but the firm hired dropped the ball? Now our only option looks like Ball State?

Is this old news?

acacia1602 said...

I like the astronaut connection. Seems like a recurring theme this year - even the university commercials incorporate it. All in all, very slick campaigns - beats the pants off of the old university commercials. Anyone remember the canoe commercial? LOL!

Purdue Matt said...

The women's basketball parts really get me amped up.

Purdue Matt said...

Yes. Old news. Ball State is officially our opponent for the Wooden. Hard to get excited about that. Why can't we play Butler, ND, Louisville, or Cincy for the Wooden? Something worth seeing.

Daniel Altman said...

So, it might be because I'm suffering from battered fan syndrome after the Cubs' August and the football team's well...season, but the E'Twaun Moore commerical gave me chills for the full commercial and a little while afterwards.

Having re-read that last sentence, I'm a little embarrassed by it, but not so much that I'll take the energy to go back and edit it.