Thursday, November 18, 2010

Boiled Sports Turns Four


Earlier this month, the godfather of Purdue sports blogs (yes, we self-anointed) turned four years old.

It all started with a dream in November 2006 by a couple of handsome guys.... and has evolved into a money-making, mammoth machine. Minus the money-making part.

And as we try to do, we want to thank you, the readers, for making our site what it is. It's only hard work if it's not something you love to do and this is something we love doing. And a big part of why we love it is the feedback we get from you. And those of you who don't provide feedback, well, we still know you're there thanks to the site statistics. 2010 has been a banner year, as we're expecting to hit 600,000 page views for the calendar year.

We're flattered and honored. And a little turned on. But I don't think they're connected.

7 comments:

Hooba said...

"It all started with a dream in November 2006 by a couple of handsome guys.... and has evolved into a money-making, mammoth machine. Minus the money-making part."

and minus the handsome part!
Rimshot please! :)

T-Mill said...

godfather? please! I started three months before you.

PWS said...

#4.....(tear, sniffle)

Plang said...

I've been reading this blah blah blah for 4 years? My, the time sure does fly by.

You've matured past sideboobs to podcasts. And yet, not.

J Money said...

T -- Who's more likely to have somebody clipped? Yours or ours?

The Accidental Expat said...

Happy Birthday boys. You guys give me a near-daily dose of wit, snark and analysis. Mad respect. Gives me a taste of home while I'm here on the far side of the world. Here's to many more. Prost!

-Gregg Z.

Unknown said...

Congrats fellas. Thanks for doing this specifically to entertain me while I am at work.