Saturday, September 08, 2012

Nothing against Catholics, but...

I hate Notre Dame.

There are years when simply competing in South Bend would have been an accomplishment.  This is not one of those years.  Purdue played well enough to win but soft coverage allowed Notre Dame to move down the field at the end of the game and complete a huge 3rd and 10 in the process.

There were not a lot of stupid penalties or multiple egregious turnovers but there were at least 4 dropped passes.  Just when I thought Marve may have finally won the starting job he goes down and Terbush completes a 4th and 10 for a touchdown.  Then I had to listen to the idiot announcers talk about how the TD may have to be reviewed after Edison was practically napping on the ground before the ball came out.  There are so many things I hate about Notre Dame and having to listen to their announcers while hating them is certainly near the top of the list.

Also, if Tommy Rees is good enough to be "the closer" the why the crap isn't he starting?

*insert yelling here*

Suck!

6 comments:

BoilerBloodline said...

If Danny Hope plays Marve the entire game, I truly believe I would be yelling SHUT UP AND SUCK IT ND right now. But, I'm not...and we lost to a felon closer...and I'm used to it.

MrAnonymous said...

That's assuming that Marve does not get injured playing the whole game. Marve also led the Purdue offense to plenty of spectacular 3 and outs. A lot of what if's, no? Anyone know why he left the game?

COD said...

Marve is having an MRI on his knee tomorrow - must have hurt it on that last sack.

The Starving Guitarist said...

Hahaha... I had to listen to IU basketball announcers once because 1260 wouldn't come in. You know what's worse than ND announcers? I had to watch the game in a Notre Dame bar. That really sucked!

But even more depressing is reading our own fan's posts on the open thread. I absolutely hate losing to ND, but we were more competitive than we've been in years. This isn't a Big Ten game so it's not quite as important. Even if we lost I'm still pretty pumped about the rest of the season. So yeah, that's probably the last time I read an open thread during the game, because some of our own fans can be worse than the crazy ND guy jumping on the bar singing the fight song. The eternal pessimism of some Purdue fans and trashing players on the forum is starting to drive me crazy. We have more to look forward to this season than we have in like 7 years. This team is clearly better than last year's, but even that 4th and 10 pass by Terbush that put us back in the game wasn't enough to get people to stop drilling him. I mean geez, he's already under enough pressure, no reason to make it harder on him...

Unknown said...

Mike Mayock was pretty neutral and in fact he's pretty damn good at what he does. Tom Hammond on the other hand...

I enjoyed the game but wish Purdue would've won. I loved how the D-line and our two corners played. Our LBs not so much.

Brad said...

Yeah, ND announcers are bad. I had to take my son to a soccer game and missed much of the first half, but was listening to it on the radio in the car on the way back.

Since I live out west, the only station that gets it was on SiriusXM. You know what XM channel carries Notre Dame football?

Catholic Radio

I hate the fact that a religion has its own football team. And will defend to the death the likes of Tommy Rees, Michael Floyd, and the purple-headed volcano, Brian Kelly.