Friday, March 30, 2007

Here we go again...


In what has become terribly predictable, two Purdue football players were involved in just, flat-out rotten incidents last night. Now, evidence points to both of them starting in the same place.

Selwyn Lymon was stabbed in the upper chest at 2:30am outside of Nick's Nightclub & Poolhall, and Torri Williams was also involved in the altercation that led to the stabbing. According to various accounts, a fight that included about 30 people actually closed the bar...then it poured into the parking lot where it heated up again. That's when Lymon was stabbed. Williams was later pulled over and arrested on suspicion of OWI...his second alcohol-related arrest in the last year.

Lymon was in critical, but stable condition until late this morning...Since then, he's improved to Serious, but stable condition. I hope the guy pulls through. Every time I've been poked by a steak knife it's hurt like hell. I don't think I'd want any part of a stabbing in my upper chest. Then again, I'm a sissy, and probably would have left the bar at the sight of a 30-person fight. Maybe if Selwyn would adopt my philosophy, he might extend his life a year or two.

As for Williams, I'm sad for the guy because of all that's happened to him on the field...but breaking the law and putting others in danger is another issue. Hopefully, he's been studying because his football career is already in jeopardy because of injuries, and should be over (in my opinion) because of his problems outside of football.

Do you think Purdue will ever have another calendar year, with Tiller as coach, without incidents like this in the double-digits? I don't. I'm sick of this garbage.

4 comments:

Purdue Matt said...

This whole mess is very disturbing. I don't even know what to say or where to begin.

Does Torri even have ANY common sense? Two drunk driving arrests, and multiple driving while suspended incidents?! Is he a moron?

It looks like these guys go running around town believing they are above the law because they play football. This kind of thing shouldn't happen at Purdue. I would like to see Tiller send a message.

Bye bye Torri, bye bye Selwyn!!

Anonymous said...

Well, Torri has been suspended, but not yet kicked off. I don't even know why Tiller didn't tell him to leave. He is also talking about "discipling" Selwyn. Don't think Selwyn should be kicked off, but something has to be done. Maybe Tiller just needs to clean house, but then again, shouldn't he have done that last year?

If this school had a bigger football program with a bigger history, would Tiller even still be here or would he have been run out? I'm guessing Purdue football boosters don't pull out there checkbooks as fast as Kentucky boosters do for basketball.

boilerdowd said...

I've heard this said quite a bit lately...that this is a "make or break year" for Tiller and the program. My brother had the best response I've heard- Wasn't it make or break in '03, '04, '05 & '06? Purdue is going to continue to reward mediocrity- and hiring Spack will continue the program down that road.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店