Wednesday, June 06, 2007

You talkin' to me?!? You talkin' to me!?!

Since I have been called out, I suppose I should man-up and submit something useful. After all, who knows when the next time a Cleveland sports team will actually be on the verge of winning something. I'm relatively certain that the next time (and possibly this time) will end in some heart breaking unheard of finish.


It could very well be that the Browns will be up by 7 with 12 seconds left and Boise State will throw a hook- and-ladder and run it in for a touchdown and then Michael Jordan will run a Statue of Liberty play from mid field and dunk over Craig Ehlo's head. Then in over-time, Tony Fernandez will fumble the ball and Charles Nagy will continue to suck.

I ran my automated Cleveland sports story for the Cavs and this is what it generated.

"The Cleveland Cavaliers play host to the San Antonio Spurs tonight in game 3 of the NBA finals. The Cavs, down 2-0 to the Spurs, have really got to find a way to fight through the chronic diarrhea that is plaguing the entire team. They will have to do so without their leading scorer, LeBron James. As has been well documented, James' spine fell out when he was walking off of the chartered plane. Things have not been this dreary for the Cavaliers since Michael Jordans' shot over Craig Ehlo in 1989."

Now you may notice that even my automated program has not failed to mention Jordans' shot over Ehlo. What's the over under for seeing the freaking play during the pre-game of game 1? I say 4. It was nearly 20 years ago! Give it up!

My only hope is that by referencing this event myself, I will somehow break it's stranglehold upon the entire city of Cleveland.

7 comments:

boilerdowd said...

One of my favorite commercials in the past year was the one in which Jordan misses his jumper over Ehlo and Ehlo jumps up and down instead of falling to a heap on the court. Sports are funny like that...one play can change the trajectory of a franchise/program.

I'm rooting for the 'Brons...I can tell you that much. I don't think they'll be World Champs, but I'd like them to be.

J Money said...

That play REALLY does cut through you, doesn't it?

On the subject of all this... what WILL you do if Cleveland wins it all?

J Money said...

You know, looking at that picture of Jordan over Ehlo... wouldn't Craig have had a better chance if he faced Jordan?

Anonymous said...

That play was awesome, that is why they keep playing it! Didn't Jordan hit another game winner in the playoffs against the Cavs later in his career as well?

Anonymous said...

Jordan dis something very similar against the Jazz. Easy to get the two mixed up, as neither one has won a championship. I think. No, actually, I don't really care.

I think the real point here is that it doesn't matter if the Cavs (or the 'Brons - I like that) win or not, Tim will still be on the floor in the fetal position. One would be caused by pain and angst, the other by such joy that he just wouldn't know what to do with himself. I strongly recommend that he wear an adult diaper during the games, because at some point he will crap himself.

Anonymous said...

You're talking to a Bulls fan, Paul. 1993 playoffs, Jordan hit a game winner in Game four to complete the 4 game sweep of the Cavs in the conference semi-finals.

He also got his career high of 69 points(along with 18 rebounds) against the Cavs. He hit a game winner against them in the regular season when he was with Wizards, too.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店