Sunday, March 04, 2007

Small Time


...Not the rivalry of UNC/Duke, that's big time...biggest rivalry in college basketball, maybe in all of college sports. The actions & words of a-hole guard Gerald Henderson are cowardly and small-time.

"He got our guys in the air, and I came down on him," Henderson said. "It's unfortunate that it turned out like it did, but I wasn't trying to hurt the kid or anything. It just turned worse than it was."

Alright jackass, let's get a few things straight- first off, you don't have the right to call Hansbrough "kid". You are a Freshman, he is a Sophomore. You are a good player, he is great. Punk.

I don't even like UNC, but I can tell you, the footage of the extremely flagrant foul by Henderson infuriated me. He should not only be suspended for one game, but for the remainder of the season (which won't be too long since Duke will probably be out by the third round of the dance).

ESPN & CBS Sportsline both called the foul "ugly"...Duke's piece of crap website nearly acted like it didn't happen. Coach K has a chance to save face and take swift action against Henderson...Chances are, he will roll over, do nothing and continue to be the fraud that he's always been.
"I don't consider myself a coach, I consider myself a teacher." Teach us, oh wise one.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I missed this. Did the refs throw Henderson out of the game? They have the right to do that.

J Money said...

Oh, yeah, he got a flagrant, intent-to-injure foul that basically counts as a fight and he was thus ejected. With that comes an automatic one-game suspension and Coach K said he might suspend him longer after he looks at the tape.

While I agree it was terrible, I'm not sure he should be suspended as long as is being suggested here. Had he not hit his nose and bloodied it, we wouldn't be talking about this much at all.

That said, I didn't realize bdowd hated Coach K as much as he does. He's got such naturally beautiful black hair.

COD said...

I've watched the slow mo of that about a dozen times and I really think Henderson was going for the big hammer rejection and unfortunately for all involved the ball got hacked away after he went airborne so there was nothing between his hand and Hansbrough's nose.

He was certainly going for the hard foul, but I don't think he was aiming for nose.

Anonymous said...

I went online and looked at it. I'm thinking the 1 game is probably good enough for the hit. I think he should get another game for the comments afterwords. Not because they were inflammatory or the like, but as Ryno pointed out, a freshmen should not be calling anyone on the court "kid" unless he did 4 years in the military before starting college.

boilerdowd said...

Ooooh...Justin is Duke's lapdog now! Get your royal blue sweatshirt and get ready to watch your favorite team get beaten in the ACC tourney semifinals. Go whomever plays Duke!

I'm standing pretty firm on my opinion, I think he got what he wanted- to put Hansbrough on his back...and his comments, to me, make it more evident.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that nobody has pointed out that during all the analysis of this cheapshot, PURDUE wasn't even mentioned! Not one analyst even made the obvious connection that PURDUE was elbowed by the Big Ten schedulers and Network TV. Nobody recognized that many PURDUE players have two elbows each. More anti-PURDUE bullhockey.

boilerdowd said...

Thanks for your patronage, Mary. Just a little FYI- we're all about sports, not just Purdue sports. But, Purdue is our focus. Stay tuned, some Purdue-centric goodness will be coming your way in the near future.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,酒店