Thursday, December 13, 2007

That's it, that's the list. (Mitchell Report Preview)


304 pages of dirty secrets that MLB doesn't want the world to know about is set to become public knowledge on Thursday. From what I hear this will be the biggest story in sports, possibly in the past 25 years. I don't know how we can confirm the size of this story, I guess each will have to judge for himself.

According to early reports 60-or-so names will be on the report of players that are known to have used performance enhancers. I'm not sure if that means all will be current players; we will all know at around 2:00 p.m. Eastern, Thursday afternoon.

I originally was going to make a list of players I thought would definitely be on the list...My list got long quickly. So, I'm going to make a list of players who I believe are not on the list:

David Wells
Bartolo Colon
C. C. Sebathia
David Eckstein
Ichiro Suzuki
Julio Lugo
Chris Britton
Joba Chamberlain
Derek Jeter
Ryan Theriot
Ken Griffey
Aaron Miles
Omar Vizauel
Dave Roberts
Curt Schilling

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I assume you mean Omar Vizquel. You'd be wrong about him. His HR production jumped to 14 in 2002. Hmmm.. Best fielding SS I've ever seen.

boilerdowd said...

Dude is tiny...I'm completely guessing too. Tim & J are the baseball experts anyway, but I pretend sometimes.

J Money said...

Tejada will be on it, methinks. That was my first thought when he was suddenly traded yesterday to the Astros (my new hometown team). But then I thought to myself, "Self, why would the Orioles care? He's still productive, and it's not like Peter Angelos is a bastion of ethics or something...."

Unless he was afraid of another Palmero situation. Who knows?

Anonymous said...

Did you see the prospects the O's got? That is why. His production has plummetted....since they banned steroids.

His name will be on the list. There is an email going around with leaked names. No real surprises. Kerry Wood and Mark Prior are on it, though. Roger Clemens, Andy Pettite and Johnny Damon too.

Anonymous said...

Captain Caveman?!?! Say it ain't so!