Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You Stay Classy, Bobby Petrino!

November 2006:

Wahoo! I sure love being the coach of Louisville. I've gone 41-9 over four years here and we're a solid national contender these days. I feel like I've laid some solid groundwork for a great career and a good program.

January 2007:


You know, ya'll, I've done all I can do at Louisville. I've been there a long-ass time anyway. Who stays anywhere for four doggone years, anyway? It's time to move on. I'm excited about coaching the most excitingly overrated player in football, Michael Vick. He's a solid citizen and I'm sure I can get a lot out of him. I hear he's an animal nut, too, and I like me a good doggie myself. We'll be like Parcells and Simms! Only one of us'll be black! Sweet! NFL, I come to conquer thee!!

December 2007:


Hey, you know, thirteen games was plenty for me in the NFL. In the NFL, you see, each victory is like a championship because of how much preparation is involved. Just ask Bill Belichick. Anyway, based on my three wins, I'd say you can call me a three-time champion. So I've proved my point. I can handle the NFL, so I think it's time to head back to college. And no, this has nothing to do with any of my players being sentenced to jail time and the rest of the team basically rolling over. Michael Who?

I love me some Razorbacks!! I'm here for the long* haul!

*Please note that "long" can have varying definitions.

9 comments:

Purdue Matt said...

Interesting how SI.com's Stewart Mandel says Petrino is a mumbler and Peter King says he was the worst communicator in the NFL. Interesting stuff.

I find it particularly disturbing that Petrino discussed his interest of returning to the college ranks with Blank only a few days ago but shook Blank's hand and said he was committed to the Falcons. Dispicable.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah, he sucks and he's a big quitter, etc. I agree with all of that - but they'll still win more games than Purdue next year. We've got the opposite problem - Tiller won't quit no matter how bad the situation is. I wish he could and would go to the NFL (or anywhere else for that matter).

Anonymous said...

I wonder why he wouldn't wait out the year and try to get the Michigan job, which would be a huge step up from Lville, the Hogs and or the Falcons. Yes I made a serious contribution to Boiled Sports

boilerdowd said...

Regarding Tiller- No one really wants him at this point...That's how you know the state of the program/team which you coach.

Petrino's move was one of the most shocking things I've seen in sports this year, if not in the last five. That said, would you like to have D'Angelo Hall yelling at you every time he came off of the field? The Falcons organization is a mess. Remember, Blank was the guy who said Vick was his guy & sent Schaub packing...then said Vick was his guy again as the dog accusations came up...then no longer had any leg to stand on when the excrement hit the fan.

If it wasn't for the way Petrino left L'Ville, I'd be OK with it...but the L'Ville situation did occur, therefore, I think this dude is a worm.

Purdue Matt said...

Petrino and the Falcons have nothing to do with Purdue. You are reaching.

J Money said...

Mark - Even if he wanted the Michigan job, he'd have left at this point... recruiting season never ends. But I don't think Michigan wants someone like him... they want someone in the "Michigan family." Puke. This is like that stupid-ass "Tar Heel Family" crap that went on when Roy Williams and Matt Doherty were hired. Give me a break.

And yeah, this Petrino has nothing to do with Purdue so those kinds of comments are sorta dense.

Anonymous said...

Story about a coach leaving makes me think about how much I wish Tiller would leave, that's all. Sorry to be so "dense." I'll be sure to stay on topic next time so I don't ruin your pretty blog with anti-Tiller ramblings.

The pertinent part of my post is that no matter what you think of Petrino, he'll win ball games. Period.

boilerdowd said...

I get your drift Nate...but I honestly don't want to make a deal with the devil to win.

Winning at all cost isn't the only option.

Anonymous said...

Agreed.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't be tempted.

After all, coaches that win aren't always the most likable guys.